This HAZLOC gateway is certified for classified areas as high as C1D1.
The gateway package should include the following items:
- Hazardous Location Gateway Unit
- Evernet Antenna
- LTE Antenna
- Wifi Antenna
- [Optional] Metal Clad 110VAC Power Cord
1. Unpackage Gateway Box
2. The Hazardous location gateway requires power to be routed to the gateway. Below are the power wiring Instructions:
- Power is routed into the unit through the power entry port.
- The GND wire (green) is connected to the GND connection.
- The neutral wire (white) is connected to the terminal marked “AC NEUTRAL”.
- The live wire (black) is connected to the terminal marked “AC HOT”
3. Identify a location for the Evergateway with the following characteristics:
- Proximity to 110VAC
- Secure structure for mounting
- Proximity to Eversensors
4. Locate the correct antennas for the correct ports labeled LTE & Evernet on the gateway unit. All antennas included are required.
5. Connect the LTE antenna to its corresponding SMA port on the bottom of the Evergateway by hand.
6. Repeat for the tall, cylindrical Evernet antenna at the top of the unit; the picture below shows the Evergateway with the complete antenna attachments in the correct locations.
7. Apply power to the Evergateway.
The GREEN LED should be solidly ON and blink twice per 5 seconds under normal operation. Once per every 60 seconds you will see the GREEN LED flicker.
- NOTE: The LEDs may appear dim or off in some lighting conditions
8. Permanently mount the Evergateway oriented vertically.
- NOTE: Ideal gateway placement is central to surrounding sense nodes and placed as high as possible in order to ensure the greatest range. In general, higher gateway mount locations enable stronger radio links and more stable connections.
- NOTE: Pipe threading specifications for wiring conduit into the gateway for permanent installation are below in inches.